OTT show creates awareness with MiQ DCO
MX Player, an Indian OTT player with over 280 million global users required a savvy digital partner with five star service to quickly help them drive awareness for their new reality show, Lock Upp.
Discover how we did it.
creative variants activated in less than two weeks
- 60% 60%
- 80% 80%
- 55% 55%
- 95% 95%
“For Lock Upp we wanted to test different creative messaging for different contestants targeted to different audience groups. For this we used the DCO solution from MiQ which helped us automatically to swap contestant images and creative headlines based on targeted audience groups dynamically. We had more than 180 creative variants resulting 1.75x times better performance than other creatives.”
Head of Growth,
The objective was to build awareness for a new OTT show:
- MX Player is an Indian OTT streaming and video demand platform with over 280 million users globally.
- The folks at MX Player were launching a new prison-based reality show, Lock Upp, where contestants compete to earn basic necessities and eventually their freedom.
- They wanted to create awareness for their new show, with personalized creatives to display the impactful messages to the right audience to gain attention.
Dynamic Creative Optimization by MiQ
- MiQ provided our in-house DCO capabilities to deliver multiple different messages for various contestants to the audiences according to their interests.
- Dynamic rules were set up for each contestant creatives.
For example, the user interested in Reality & Talk shows were shown creatives with captions like:
- Whereas a user interested in Comedy shows were shown creatives with captions like:
Using programmatic, MiQ was able to reach Google audiences (affinity & Category) to create precise audience segments for the client.
Audience having interests in various domains like reality shows, romantic films, cooking enthusiasts and many more were shown creatives according to their interests.
The client was able to create maximum awareness in a limited period of time.
- 180 creative variants activated in less than two weeks.
- 1.75x better campaign performance than non-dynamic creatives.
Bronze award winner:
Most effective programmatic media partnership
Check out more client success stories
OTT Show creates awareness with MiQ DCO
Standing out in a crowded market
Get your fix
Boosting NFL Game Pass subscriptions
Getting close to B2B decision makers
How we helped identify and target a niche B2B audience with smarter programmatic strategies
Sending Big Tobacco up in smoke
How we helped San Francisco Kids ban the sale of candy-flavoured tobacco using smart programmatic strategies.
Catching the lunch crowd
How we drove a 45% uplift in in-store visits for Subway
Making the most of macro-trends
How we helped CMC Markets align their programmatic marketing with stock price movement.
How we helped Scandlines get more predictable revenue by increasing their digital conversions
Taking gaming insights to the next level
How we helped an international gaming company target their ideal customers.
From underdog to mayor
How we helped Lori Lightfoot become the mayor of Chicago with smarter programmatic strategies.
Not all conversions are created equal
How MiQ Performance Marketing helped a major retailer drive more conversions for less budget.
How MiQ Advanced TV helped Boost Mobile connect their TV and digital strategies to drive online conversions.